Book Title: The Paraprofessional's Guide to the Inclusive Classroom: Working as a Team, Third Edition
Publisher: Brookes Publishing
Author: Mary Beth Doyle Ph.D.
With the rising demand for paraprofessional training and the requirements for highly qualified personnel in every classroom, it's the perfect time for a fully revised third edition of this popular, activity-packed workbook. Carefully updated throughout with timely, engaging new material, this interactive guide helps teachers and paraprofessionals work together to create the most effective inclusive classrooms. Collaborating on creative and enlightening activities, teachers and paraprofessionals will learn how to
- work more effectively with students who have a variety of disabilities, including autism
- clarify their roles and responsibilities
- provide individualized curricular and instructional support for each student
- improve communication among members of the educational team
- use positive behavioral support to successfully address behavior challenges
A must-have new edition of a book that's sold more than 10,000 copies since 1997, this research-based and user-friendly workbook will help paraprofessionals and teachers work toward their common goal: creating classroom and school communities that welcome and support all students.
- approximately 20 new photocopiable forms and exercises
- the very latest on education legislation and requirements
- stronger emphasis on middle and secondary school
- guidelines in every chapter that help paraprofessionals self-advocate
- new chapter on team communication and confidentiality