Book Title: People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts
Release Date: 1986-06-06
Author: Robert Bolton
- 4 Essential Keys to Effective Communication in Love, Life, Work--Anywhere!: Including the "12-Day Communication Challenge!"
- Working with Difficult People: Revised and Expanded
- 5 Steps To Professional Presence: How to Project Confidence, Competence, and Credibility at Work
- Connected Leadership: A Yearlong Exploration of Your Leader P.O.V.
- I'm Stuck, You're Stuck: Breakthrough to Better Work Relationships and Results by Discovering your DiSC Behavioral Style
- Secrets of Power Negotiating, 15th Anniversary Edition: Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator
- People Styles at Work...And Beyond: Making Bad Relationships Good and Good Relationships Better
- Communication Skills: A Practical Guide to Improving Your Social Intelligence, Presentation, Persuasion and Public Speaking (Positive Psychology Coaching Series Book) (Volume 9)
- The Joy of Conflict Resolution: Transforming Victims, Villains and Heroes in the Workplace and at Home
- Working with Difficult People, Second Revised Edition: Handling the Ten Types of Problem People Without Losing Your Mind
Improve your personal and professional relationships instantly with this timeless guide to communication, listening skills, body language, and conflict resolution.
A wall of silent resentment shuts you off from someone you love....You listen to an argument in which neither party seems to hear the other....Your mind drifts to other matters when people talk to you.... People Skills
is a communication-skills handbook that can help you eliminate these and other communication problems. Author Robert Bolton describes the twelve most common communication barriers, showing how these “roadblocks” damage relationships by increasing defensiveness, aggressiveness, or dependency. He explains how to acquire the ability to listen, assert yourself, resolve conflicts, and work out problems with others. These are skills that will help you communicate calmly, even in stressful emotionally charged situations. People Skills
will show you:
· How to get your needs met using simple assertion techniques
· How body language often speaks louder than words
· How to use silence as a valuable communication tool
· How to de-escalate family disputes, lovers' quarrels, and other heated arguments
Both thought-provoking and practical, People Skills
is filled with workable ideas that you can use to improve your communication in meaningful ways, every day.